The man with the mohawk who is my background.
Pronounce it Mer as in Mer-maid and Dryn as in Drin. Merdrin.
He was originally a merman but I usually draw him nude cause I like to show off his twin tails and therefore he would not make a very children friendly background. Hence, he has legs and is clothed. Mostly clothes.
Although his name is the topic of today's blog, he's not really what I want to talk about. Nope. M'dryn is only a tool for me to segue right into my main point.
For my old friends, read as Thomians, Highians, Song Kheng Highians and Chung Hua Fivers, you know what I'm like. You guys wouldn't blink twice even if you saw me loving crafting M'dryn's beautiful bare legs in class on paper.
My new friends in Universiti Putra Malaysia, not so much.
I supposed I'm even more thankful that I was spared the ridicule and humiliation I would have gone through if I was born elsewhere and turned out the way I turned out now.
I'm considered different.
(Once again I would like to thank all my Sarawakian friends who have accommodated my dirty dirty mind, my innuendo and my various sexual connotations in speech. Not forgetting my touchy feely tendencies aka endless hugging, munching, cuddling and what not. Florence, Miyeko, Melissa oh THANK GOD FOR YOU)
It was only here that I realised how different I can be. I used to be loud, obnoxious, happy, cheerful and myself. Now, I think twice about doing something that I usually do.
coughyaoicoughshonenaicoughyuricoughshojoaicough
Audrey I'm looking at you too.
I'm experiencing culture shock even in my own country. Are we that different even among states?
Perhaps.
I have to cut down on my drawings because I'm kinda nervous about people getting into my room and seeing them. It's a conservative country and all and I really don't want to get thrown out over drawings.
Am I really that different? Perhaps here in KL I really am that much different. Or perhaps I haven't found the people who operate on the same wavelength.
If you agree with any of the following or if they sound like you and you're in the vicinity, give me a shout. I'll accommodate you. (insert deviantart emoticon :eyes: here)
Hugs are important and should be handed out freely.
Assignments should be done at least two days before hand to allow for last minute changes or mishaps.
Creative freedom via clothing, drawing, writing and what not should be advocated and encouraged.
Engrish my friends. Do you spik it?
Japanese, German, French, Spanish. Gotta learn em all! And Cantonese too. Need that. (N.B It's German, not Germany and French, not France. If you try to learn Germany or France, you're trying to learn a country, not the language.)
Girls can never have enough clothes and should have at least one pair of 4 inch wedges or stripper heels.
If I want to bring home the bacon and let my hubby stay at home to care for the kids, that's my prerogative.
Bjork. Mother Mother. Scissor Sisters. Garbage. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. If you listen to one, holler. Also, Imogen Heap. Zero 7. A Perfect Circle. Ugress. Stabbing Westward. Linkin Park.
I like men with long hair (ohgoshyesBillKaulitzichliebedich) and with slim physiques. Ohfergoodnesssakes look at M'dryn. He's the classic example of what I like.
I love smart boys and I love glasses on smart boys. (megane-moe!) If a man has long hair, is extremely smart, can talk science talk and has a slim physique, that's my type. If he's prettier than me, I won't complain.
I like girls (getoveritdammit) with boyish features. Short hair, men's fashion sense. If they swagger like men all the better.
Cosplay is love.
Grass is evil, fur on clothes and in food is ick. Dead stuff is interesting.
I will add more later. Don't be too shocked when browsing the rest of my blog.
Saturday, 31 July 2010
M'dryn
Labels: life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment