Wednesday, 13 May 2009

Absent Again

First of, the song lyrics of the title:
This is more of a rap than an actual song and speaks of an incident last year that happened in our class

It's seven thirty there's an empty seat
Someone's not coming, someone must be beat
He could be ill, could be sick could be skipping class
Could be joking, could be dying could be tapping some ass
Why aren't you in school, don't you know it's not cool
To make your friends worry what you gonna do
When you don't show up we wonder if it's happened again
So please my friends don't be absent again.

It was second week of June when he didn't come
And we were worried and wondering about the work to be done
Called his phone and mailed him but we got no response
Till a friend went over and we were told he was gone
Could not believe it's not real he's just absent again
Right? Couldn't have just offed himself because of the pain
But we waited days and days and he never showed up
I'm sorry kids but the fact's that he's absent again

Absent again, and he's never ever coming back
Absent again, and we wonder why he'd do that
Absent again, and this pain ain't ever getting better
Absent again, forever unresolved matter

Is it our fault that he did what he did?
Could we have seen the feelings that he hid
Was it crazy for feeling this overwhelming guilt
Was it us, was it him, who was really sick?
Could I have done better as his classmate and friend
Could I have talked him out of doing it then
Would he still be here if we knew of his pain?
Doesn't matter anymore cause he's absent again.

Fingers pointing and they say it's our fault
We're the ones who pushed him and this is what we got
Must have teased him must have snubbed him and forced him over the edge
Must have given and then taken the thing he always sought
We were friends we were classmates and he would talk to us
Didn't tease him didn't snub him didn't hold no bias
Now when others don't show up to class again
We can't help but wonder if it's happened again

Absent again, and he's never ever coming back
Absent again, and we wonder why he'd do that
Absent again, and this pain ain't ever getting better
Absent again, forever unresolved matter



Onto more cheery things
The Recorder Ensemble of SK St Mary was champion in today's competition. In debate terms, it was trashing. They led by 10 points, the only team to score over 85 marks in the competition. Of course, they could have done better but oh well. We've got some time to practice now. This was also the BEST PRESENT FOR MAH MOM TODAY.

It also remains to be seen if the choir team pulls through. Sad to say this years choir has less talent. Fortunately, their determination is not lacking. they managed to complete "Lion Sleeps Tonight" even though the notes made no sense. The alto just goes "Wimbue Wimbue" the entire song and the parents even complained that it was a stupid song. lol. But put together, it's awesome.

I heard from the teacher of the choir who happens to be a good friend of mine despite the age difference that there were some unsavoury disturbances during the night. Can you believe it? Someone perved on the 9 year old girls! Even though I only helped a little this year, I still feel protective of them. They were staying at a school for the night and apparently, someone kept knocking on the door at night and someone peeked in the bath when the kids were taking their showers. How unsafe is that?!

My ankle still give me trouble. I used to have this marvelous effortless pointe but now it's less marvelous and takes way more effort cause my ankle is still swollen at the joint. I fell down the stairs last year and failed to care for my ankle properly in my eagerness to get back on the dance floor and in Judo.

I also learnt that it's not a good idea to attempt inking when some part of you is in pain. Fingers trembling too much ruined one of my better pictures.

4 comments:

Faris Le Strange said...

Haha. Seriously, I thought the absent one is a girl. Anyways, that's a bit low for someone to go peeking the young girls like that. They are just 9 for goodness sake. XD The pervert must been real desperate. Anyways, I laugh at your misery. Just kidding. You fell down the stairs. Hmm...sounds familiar.
>_>
<_<
Anyways, you didn't teach me how to draw the body yesterday. I guess I forgot to ask...>o< I don't like seeing my sketches look retarded. Seriously, their heads are floating.
Am still clueless what do you meant by make up practical Wednesday. Is it like you are doing the disecting on Monday only for practice?

Colourkid said...

@Faris

There's nothing I can teach really, all you really need is practice. You need to take that first step to drawing bodies. Only then can I point out what's wrong and how to correct it.

I've fallen down stairs three times.

There are several practicals that you have to do no matter what. I have to make up the practical to prove to the Ministry that I can dissect a rat. >> Cruel but that's the way life is.

Faris Le Strange said...

Well, I can't practice things that I don't really know how to do in the first place, can I?

You fell three times? Well, talk about careless. =D Goes for me too I guess. Well, it's fate.

I don't really get it. Do the MOE send someone to see you do the practicals? Dissecting rats fr the sake of knowledge isn't really cruel. Remember the case setting in Debate Letter #6? It's better to dissect animals than humans because animals have less value here. I guess that adds up another reason to why God created animals such as rats. Okay, taking note on that. Anyways, good luck with the dissecting. Don't hurt the poor mousy too bad.

RoN said...

i nearly burst into tears...
only if we had did something better
will he be present, or at least be around? =(




but now i really wish another guy to always absent! i hate HIM!!! xD