Friday, 4 June 2010

Stripper Heels.

Have you ever seen a pair of shoes that you absolutely had to have?

I did. I saw them in Penang last year and I now have them. Black and gold heels from Charmaine. Four inch heels. Makes me a respectable 5 foot 3 when I wear them.

On a 5 ft 6 woman? They probably look alright. When I wear them, they look like stripper heels. I kid you not. Couple the colour scheme with their relative height to me and they look like stripper heels.

There's nothing wrong with owning heels that look like they came out of some nightclub. I advocate this. I think every girl should have one pair for nights that she feels wild and wants to string along guys. Exercising in Stripper Heels give you toned thighs, a nice strong butt and a flat stomach.

This much is true.

If you're like me and you have done Ballet, do a couple of plies on the barre or on the wall. Now put on a pair of stripper heels and do them again. Properly.

Do a complete set of warm ups in those heels and I can almost guarantee that at the end, you'll be thinking "Oh. God."

Exercising barefoot or with sneakers is hard enough. In heels four, five, six inches high? The added (forced) height throws off your balance completely. Welcome to your new Centre of Gravity (caps needed).

So you tuck in your stomach, tense all your leg muscles, try your best to breathe steadily while you do lunges, squats, bridges and all that rot. You know, to compensate for your new Centre of Gravity.

I strongly believe this is how most strippers and ballroom dancers stay thin. You have simply no room to get fat. You're too busy balancing yourself on that precious few square centimetres of surface.

All that isn't the point of this blog though.

The point is, when you have a nice dress and the only thing that goes with them is your stripper heels and you're attending the dinner in another state.

You've got to pack them.

I still haven't found a way to economically pack Stripper Heels. I don't think there is. The heels alone take up a lot of space, much less the rest of the shoes.

It's a lesson in futility but I still love them.

They make me feel pretty.

0 comments: